- Gail is comfortable in educational settings and is very familiar with the rigours and requirements of the secondary school teacher (Grades 7-12).
- Any workshop, reading or presentation can be tailored to meet your needs or requests.
- A presentation may consist of a 20-30-minute reading, followed by discussion and questions (total of one hour).
- A presentation may consist of a 20-30 minute reading, followed by discussion and questions, and culminating in creative writing exercises involving students (half-day).
- Discussion may include the writing process from brainstorming to writing drafts to finished product, or may focus on young adult markets and requirements for student submissions.
- More formally, the reading/ discussion can be tailored to fit within current English/Language Arts area of study, matching objectives as per the new Alberta Learning ELA curriculum (levels 7,8,9 and 10, 11, 12), or appropriate to AP or IB English studies.
- Longer sessions may include several classes to a full-week residency.
- Longer sessions afford opportunities
- to write creatively,
- to incorporate drama into the creative process,
- to work on editing skills,
- to work one-on-one in consultation with writers,
- to facilitate student (and staff) anthology creation,
- to facilitate a culminating activity such as a caf é reading.
- Gail is also happy to work and meet with any staff interested in writing and/or publishing.
If you are interested in finding out more or would like to schedule Gail for a presentation, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional info on Gail, see the following website (Ontario schools may arrange booking through Authors' Booking Service):